Peppermint Play Dough Recipe
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
1 Tablespoon Peppermint Oil Extract
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup water
1. Mix flour, salt, & cream of tartar in a medium cooking pot.
2. Add water, peppermint extract and oil.
3. Stir over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes stirring constantly.
4. When mixture forms a ball in pot, remove.
5. Knead until smooth.
6. Play and explore with this fragrant, brightly colored dough as you would any play dough.
7. Put in a plastic bag and refrigerate to store.
A great way to entertain the kids during Christmas break. Or a great gift for a neighbor, classmates or friends. It is so easy to make and is the softest (non sticky) Play Dough recipe I have ever used. I like it better than the store bought stuff…plus…it smells amazing!! And if you are feeling extra festive…throw in a handful of red glitter to give it some fun sparkle!
And, in the spirit of giving, I have provided you with a free printable Peppermint Play Dough label for the tops of your jars or Tupperware containers to label it for a gift. The labels are 3 inch circles. If you need them smaller you can simply print the label smaller than 100% to get the size you need.