For this project, you will need:
-thick embroidery string
-paint chips in assorted shapes and sizes
1. To begin, match two paint chips of equal shape and size up with each other. For this project, we made sure to use contrasting colors on the front and back for variety.
2. If desired, cut the paint chips down to size.
3. Place glue on the back of each paint chip, lay the embroidery string atop the reverse of one paint chip, and affix the second paint chip to the back.
4. Feel free to cut all different shapes and sizes — the more variety, the better the visual effect!
5. After the glue has dried, clean up the edges by trimming away any white space or overlap.
6. Continue laying down paint chips until you have a long garland of endless glued chips!
7. Depending on your space, cut the string to the appropriate length. We cut each string at a different length for variety, and hung them from the ceiling at varying distances and widths apart. The chips can also be displayed as a more uniform backdrop by affixing the strings to a railing or arch for a funky altar, photoshoot, or cake table backdrop!